Search Hollywood Bollywood News & Gossips

Custom Search




She’s always been a stunner. But now Katrina Kaif is determined to prove that she’s an actress too. At the moment Raj Kanwar’s emotional love story is what’s making those lovely lips smile and those limpid pools swim...

Excerpts from the Interview:

Reportedly, you almost got frostbitten during Humko Dewaana Kar Gaye but continued shooting thereby impressing director Raj Kanwar and your co-star Akshay Kumar with your professionalism and dedication?

Oh, it wasn’t anything as dramatic as frostbite. Canada was cold...freezing cold...and that caused a certain amount of discomfort but I managed. Akshay was very helpful. I’m not in a position yet to rate anyone as an actor but he sure made the environment comfortable for me. As far as professionalism goes, my work is very important to me. There is a lot I have to prove. I have some good films lined up. And I’m giving them all my best shot.

You’ve been working on your Hindi too, we hear?

Yeah, I can read and speak Hindi quite well now and that’s quite an achievement considering I didn’t know the language at all when I came down here.

Humko...is up for release and Bipasha Basu has gone to press cribbing about the fact that her special appearance is being played up in the promos to give the impression that the film is a love triangle.

I don’t know what Bipasha said or why she said what she did at this point. She’s a nice person and I wouldn’t like to comment on her actions but for me once you commit to being a part of a project, you should support it right through its release.
You’re doing Tips’ next with Bipasha too.


Yeah. The film also has Mallika, Fardeen, Anil and Saif. I’m playing a secretary. We haven’t got around to discussing it much but I’m looking forward to working with Abbas-Mastan. They’re great directors.

The buzz is that for the first time since Maine Pyar Kiya Salman and Bhagyashree will be coming together for another very special appearance in Humko....

Where did you get that? It’s not true at all.

Okay, how about the story that Humko...was inspired by a real-life love story that bridged two worlds and triumphed over all odds?

That’s true. But it’s not something that happened with just two people. From all the happily married people you see around you, you know that several others too have savored this kind of love.

How would you define “being in love”?

I believe that when you’re in love the person becomes a part of you. For me love is best explained by something I heard an actress say in a film once when she told her man, “I carry your heart in my heart.” It’s so apt.

We saw you walk the ramp recently for Ritu Beri during the Lakme Fashion Week.

I walk the ramp every year as brand ambassador for Lakme. And I enjoy it.

Salman walked the ramp too this year.

I was away in Chennai at the time so I can’t comment on this.

You’ve been spending a lot of time down South.

Yeah, I did a Telugu film. Shooting in Hyderabad was a wonderful experience. The city, it’s people, are very nice. I’d love to do more films down South but right now I’m so busy with my Hindi films that I just don’t have the time.
How difficult is it speaking the language?

Telugu’s easy, Malayalam is slightly more difficult.

Ah yes, you’ve done a Malayalam film too, with Mammootty in a double role no less. What was the experience like?

Mammootty is a great actor and it was a somewhat daring role...Romantic and at the same time very emotional. I enjoyed it.

And now you’ll be working with another Super M, Mohanlal. Apparently, he plays your father-in-law in Ram Gopal Varma’s Sholay.

Yeah, and I’m looking forward to the experience given the fact that he’s an excellent actor too. There’s so much I can learn from him. We start shooting in September.

Have you seen the original Sholay?

Yes, it’s a classic film. But let me assure you that Ramuji’s Sholay won’t be a scene-by-scene copy. We’ll be reinventing the familiar story.

You’ve been shooting with the Deols recently for Anil Sharma’s Apne. What’s your take on them?

They’re great guys. Dharamji is really sweet. Everytime we had to do a shot together he would reassure me saying, “You’re doing very well. Don’t be nervous.” I love Bobby too. Sunny I’ve met but we haven’t interacted much. Then there is Firoz Nadiadwala’s Welcome. With Anees Bazmee as the director I’m very confident because he’s a very good writer as well and every scene is so entertaining. There’s also David Dhawan’s Partner. I’ve worked with David earlier in Maine Pyar Kyun Kiya and had a very good time. This time I’m more prepared and so enjoying myself much more.

Maine Pyar Kyun Kiya would have been one of the biggest hits of the year had it not been derailed at the onset by the hate campaign against Salman.

Yeah, and I felt really bad about it. But despite everything, the film did good business which says a lot for the film and our audience. Anyway it’s over now and we’re all looking ahead to Partner.

How does it feel to be voted the lady with the most luscious lips in the film industry?

It’s feels funny to hear such things.


Source By http://www.bollywoodworld.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts

Hollywood Bollywood News & Gossips - Designer: Douglas Bowman | Dimodifikasi oleh Abdul Munir Original Posting Rounders 3 Column